Coaching And Mentoring Taster Session - UCLAN - 4pm -6pm - 16/10/19
Oct, 8 2019
~Coaching :- a form of development in which an experienced person, called a coach, supports a learner or client in achieving a specific personal or professional goal by providing training and guidance.
Mentoring :- the ability to support and encourage people to manage their own learning in order that they may maximise their potential, develop their skills, improve their performance and become the person they want to be.
Baring the above definitions into consideration, for someone to apply these acquired skills they would need sufficient training to become competent and effective in their field of work.
Next Wednesday 16th October between the hours of 4pm - 6pm is a ‘Coaching and Mentoring Taster Session’ . It will take place at UCLAN’S Greenbank Building, Room GR170.
The session is in association with the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise and the taster will give interested ones an insight into the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching & Mentoring that will be studied at a future date.
Here are the top four things you will take away on this FREE introductory session :-
- Provide a general overview of the Coaching & Mentoring process.
- Explain how creating a proactive Coaching & Mentoring culture can contribute to supporting effective organisational, team and individual success.
- Help recognise the benefits of Coaching & Mentoring as a learning and development tool.
- Enable attendees to develop and practice the core skills of listening and questioning used in Coaching & Mentoring.
You will also learn an optional route to develop and accredit your Coaching & Mentoring skill. This will give you the choice of studying at an advanced level which includes the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) part-time CPD course, course description and guidance from lecturers.
Please note :- This taster event is aimed at Managers, HR/Learning & Development professionals, business owners or individuals with an interest in Coaching & Mentoring people.
You can book your place by logging onto the following website address:- https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/coaching-mentoring-for-success-taster-session-tickets-
Come along to this trial session and learn how you could be an effective guide and positive support :-
- Coaching and Mentoring Taster Session
- Wednesday 16 October, 16:00 – 18:00
- University of Central Lancashire, GR170, Greenbank Building, Preston Campus