Spotlight on CCG Members:- Janice Horrocks - January 2022
Jan, 1 2022
It takes a certain individual to be fully competent in a number of areas, in particular the health sector.
This month’s ‘Spotlight on CCG Members’ has successfully achieved that, Preston based Janice Horrocks.
Experience is a strong word. Yet Janice has undergone a variety of experiences which has shaped the woman she is today.
These include the following:-
- Leading transformational change at board level across a multitude of organisations.
- Implementing policy and strategy within NHS and in other political arenas, through effective clinical and stakeholder engagement using robust programme and change management approaches
- Extensive clinical and management roles within the mental health and social care service development and delivery
- Executive Director an NHS Primary Care Trust.
Janice clearly knows what she is doing. It’s these roles that have defined her career and longevity in the workplace. Far from being a one trick pony, Janice has gone from strength to strength and it’s a real testament to her strength of character and her positive attitude that has seen her triumph in a series of roles and responsibilities.
Her notable achievements include:-
- Programme Director leading the successful application and establishment of Blackburn with Darwen teaching Care Trust Plus in 2009/10, in which she had a pivotal role dealing with NHS North West and Government Office North West.
- Extensive board level experience across multiple organisations in health and local authorities as a Director and, as a lay member, she holds a position on the Board of Governors of the University of Central Lancashire.
Janice’s other career highlights find in consultation over a joint mental health and social care commissioning strategy for Lancashire and successfully leading and project managing two challenging complex public consultation and engagement processes which found her having meetings over a Lancashire –wide (1.4 m population ) public discussion on a major NHS hospital reform.
In recent years Janice has found work within the Greater Blackburn and Darwen Area building on her already existing high profile and well rounded experience.
I’m sure she is making a fantastic success of her time there as she continues her working life in the health and social care sector.
^Alex Ashworth CCG UK Blogger