Poetry And Loss - Magma Launch- UCLAN - 4pm -6pm - 22/01/20
Jan, 21 2020
~When a loved one passes away the immediate reaction is to find yourself surrounded by people who love you, friends and family.
But did you know that one of the best ways to deal with death is to put pen to paper. Creative writing is both a cathartic and therapeutic way of handling the loss. The best way to interpret this is through poetry and one leading lady is flying the flag in this subject.
On Wednesday January 22nd 2020 you can attend ‘Poetry and Loss: Magma Launch with Jackie Kay MBE’. It will take place in the ground floor café of Livesey House, UCLAN, Preston between the hours of 4pm - 6pm.
The event will launch the latest edition of the Magma poetry magazine which this month covers loss.
You will be able to hear seriously profound and beautifully read poems by the following people:-
- Scottish National Poet Jackie Kay MBE
- Carcanet co-founder Grevel Lindop
- Complete Works fellow Jennifer Lee Tsai
- Award-winning author Adam Lowe
- Author and activist Jhilmil Breckenridge
- Elizabeth Burns Prize winner Jessica Sneddon
The Magma poetry magazine will be available for you to buy. Please note:-there is no need to book, just simply turn up and enjoy the readings.
Listen to a series of poems and find personal ways how you too can deal with bereavement:-
- Poetry and Loss: Magma Launch with Jackie Kay MBE
- Wednesday 22 January, 16:00 – 18:00
- Livesey House, Ground Floor Cafe, 6 Heatley St, Preston