Rhythm Jam - UCLAN - 1.30pm - 3.30pm - 9/11/19
Nov, 5 2019
~Many of us are familiar with the ‘Later..with Jools Holland’ format. Following the title sequence, the cameras follow a variety of musicians around the studio which play to a synchronised jam that professionally presents to the viewer and audience the bands expected to perform that very evening.
Have you ever sat at home and wished you could join them in your own personalised jam? UCLAN’S Media Factory in Room 226 may not have the cool studio production as ‘Later…’ but it does provide an excellent an opportunity to join a lively and friendly group of people having a musical jam together.
The Rhythm Jam sessions take place on the second Saturday of each month, September to May. The next one is taking place this weekend November 9th from 1.30pm - 3.30pm. Admission is free to take part but organisers are requesting donations if you are able to do so. The sessions are suitable for children aged 8 upwards and all adults.
Here are some key elements of The Rhythm Jam sessions which make it accessible for all :-
- There will be a large variety of percussion instruments provided
- You are welcome to bring along additional percussion or pitched instruments.
- The use of voice and movement is encouraged.
- There are no scores or set structures, just a few prompts from the session leader, Tim Saunders.
By attending one of these sessions you will experience a unique change in musical frequency from high-energy to gentle ambience in response to the participants.
Please note :-All levels of ability and experience are welcome.
So switch off Jools and get involved with some local community music enrichment activity:-
- Rhythm Jam
- Saturday 9 November, 13:30 – 15:30
- University of Central Lancashire, ME226, Media Factory, Preston Campus