Rhythm Jam - UCLAN Media Factory - 1.30pm - 3.30pm - 14/9/19
Aug, 20 2019
~Do you remember when you were a teenager and you and your mates had these dreams of making it in the music industry. Perhaps you skipped school so you could practise together.
Then, as you grew older you realised it was a far fetched idea that was unrealistic and you and your mates gradually returned to your adult day jobs to regain a sense of normality back into your lives.
The above has happened to a lot of people and for many musicians it can be a frustrating career path but if you’re one of the above individuals there is an alternative which you may wish to consider.
The Rhythm Jam sessions provide an opportunity to join a lively and friendly group of people having a musical jam together. All levels of ability and experience are welcome.
Here are four persuasive points to think about :-
- There will be a large variety of percussion instruments provided.
- You are welcome to bring along additional percussion or pitched instruments.
- The use of voice and movement is encouraged.
- There are no scores or set structures, just a few prompts from the session leader, Tim Saunders.
There is an age suitability requirement of 8 years old upwards. Admission is completely free but donations are requested.
The Rhythm Jam sessions typically take place on the second Saturday of each month, September to May. The next one takes place Saturday 14th from 1.30pm - 3.30pm at UCLAN’S Media Factory.
Experience an accompaniment where the music shifts from high-energy to gentle ambience in response to the participants:-
- Rhythm Jam
- Saturday 14 September, 13:30 – 15:30
- University of Central Lancashire, ME226, Media Factory, Preston Campus