Think Differently Sprint - Centre For SME Development - Preston - 8am - 8pm - 26/9/19
Aug, 16 2019
~Are you the owner of a small or medium sized business? Do you feel you’ve gained sufficient experience and knowledge about your work and you’ll be quick to dismiss any suggestions to improve and develop your established business?
If the latter question is a resounding YES! Then a forthcoming event is urging people to ‘Think Differently’.
The Centre for SME Development in Preston is hosting a one day workshop on Thursday 26th September 2019 between the hours of 8am -8pm.
The Think Differently Sprint will introduce to you a new way of looking at and developing ideas, services and products that you will be able to use in your business. The methodology was developed by Google Ventures and many agencies across the globe have adopted their own approaches to create a tool for innovation and problem-solving. These sprints all have ideation, prototyping, testing and refining at their core.
This is all good and practical you may be thinking but surely there are some unanswered questions. These include:- How do I sign up? What do I need to bring with me? Where can I read more about the original Design Sprint? Who is running it? and Why should I attend?
Why should I attend?
You may already be agile and flexible but this event will equip you with a fresh perspective, understand customer needs, conduct research and development more effectively and explore new paths for new products and services.
The sprint involves:
- Pre-workshop support to establish your needs, aims, and goals;
- A one-day workshop where you’ll gain hands-on insights into the sprint processes like ideation and prototyping;
- A bespoke toolkit and strategy document tailored to your business needs and a sample of the tools needed to support you in running your own sprints.
Who is running it?
Industry and academic background based professionals Dr. Mark Lochrie and Gareth West.
Where can I read more about the original Design Sprint?
Please see the book :- Sprint: How To Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days written by Jake Knapp the creator of the Design Sprint methodology.
What do I need to bring with me?
Identify and consider these three essentials:-
- Just yourself and a good understanding of your business and customers;
- Enthusiasm and openness to explore new ways of working;
- Team members and people from your network are also welcome.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided so please let the organisers know how many of you there will be.
How do I sign up?
If you want to register or find out more please contact Juliane Lowe at email@example.com or go to https://lfc-thinkdifferentlysprint.eventbrite.co.uk
Lancashire Forum Creative & Think Differently brings to you, a one-day hands-on experience to; Explore, Accelerate and Innovate ideas that will Disrupt and Transform your business:-
- Think Differently Sprints by Lancashire Forum Creative
- The Centre for SME Development - Preston
- Thursday 26 September 2019 :-8am to 8pm