Paint The Town @ Home - Annual Blackburn Event Coming To Your Living Room - 30/05/20
May, 29 2020
For the past five years the people of Blackburn have enjoyed a visual arts event which has effectively captured the town centre in all it’s glory.
‘Paint The Town’ was scheduled to take place on Saturday 26th September but with so much restriction organisers felt it would be fitting to bring it forward and present a unique take on an established event.
The Bureau Centre for the Arts, supported by Blackburn BID, Blackburn with Darwen Council Arts & Heritage and the Blakey Moor Townscape Heritage project are delighted to announce ‘Paint the Town @ Home will come live to your residence as early as tomorrow - Saturday 30th May 2020!
So what is required of you? Well, the floor is open to all ages and abilities - beginners, amateurs and professionals. The concept behind the event is to create a painting, drawing, sketch or other visual or digital artwork of Blackburn and its people.
Sounds simple in theory but wait a minute here comes the challenge:-
Participants will be asked to stay at home and create artwork using the view from their window, the people in their household, online/social media images, photographs, books or their memory as inspiration.
The Paint the Town @ Home artwork should fit within one of these 3 themes:-
- • Blackburn town centre (including the Blakey Moor Townscape Heritage area)
- • Wider Blackburn with Darwen area
- • People of Blackburn
The categories of entries are:
- - Adult, any ability (not digital art or photography)
- - Adult, any ability, digital art and photography
- - Ages 13 to 17
- - Age 12 and under
Prizes for adults range from 1st Prize a sum total of £100 and & free exhibition space in The Bureau Centre for the Arts. 2nd Prize £50 cash plus free tickets for events at The Bureau Centre for the Arts.
Prizes for Ages 17 and Under include:-
- Specially selected arts & crafts materials
The submitted artwork will be judged by a panel of judges after the event and the winners of each category announced within 2 weeks.
Here’s the ‘How To Enter’ part of the competition:-
- Register for the event - (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/paint-the-town-home-2020-tickets-)any age/ability
- Click on 'tickets' to book your place and the organisers will get in touch with you with more information and support.
- Organisers require a small donation from adult entrants to take part – ‘pay what you can’ to help with the costs of organising the event. (The usual registration fee for artists for this event would be £10)
- Competition open to anyone living or working in the United Kingdom
You can enjoy this event from the safety and comfort of your own home. It promises to be an event that will capture and permanently record this unprecedented time in our lives.
Paint the Town @ Home is a challenge to artists of all ages and abilities to capture Blackburn and its people in one day - at home!
- Paint The Town @ Home
- Saturday 30th May 2020
- 08:00am - 18:00pm
- In association with The Bureau Centre for the Arts, supported by Blackburn BID, Blackburn with Darwen Council Arts & Heritage and the Blakey Moor Townscape Heritage project.
^Alex Ashworth CCG Art Blogger