Poetry and Comedy coming to Preston this autumn
Dates: 09 Sep 2021 - 22 Nov 2021
Location: Various venues across Preston city centre
A credible poet will take a profound look at the last 18 months and create words that reach your heart and touch your soul. It’s good to know then that a series of successful spoken word performance poets are coming to Preston this autumn 2021.
The top three read as follows:-
- Legendary performer Attila the Stockbroker is booked at The Continental - Thursday September 9th
- The UK’s hottest rising poet Luke Wright will be rhyming words of wisdom at Preston’s newest venue The MET- Thursday 16th September
- Acclaimed Manchester based poet Tony Walsh will be delivering his unique poems at The Ferret - Thursday 30th September.
Walsh became somewhat of a poetic hero 4 years ago when he wrote a moving poem in response to the Manchester bombing atrocity in 2017. Since then he has become the North West’s most celebrated poet and he’s looking forward to coming to Preston to read his work,
“I’m excited to be back on stage with my full one-man show and I’ve heard great things about The Ferret and its audiences. I love performing in pub venues when everyone can relax and have a drink. The promoter, Enjoy the Show, are doing a great job bringing some amazing artists to the area and I’m proud to be in their line up.
What to expect? Poems to make you laugh, some to make you think, and a few that may bring a tear to the eye- all adding up to summat a bit different and a rip - roaring, loud, lively, good night out. This is my first full show in 18 months and I’ll give it everything I’ve got! Grab some mates and I’ll see you there”.
In addition to the poetry you can also expect some comedy performances coming to Preston:-
- Stand - up comics Carl Hutchinson and Jonny Pelham - The MET - Wednesday September 23rd
- Comedian Tony Mayhew brings his acclaimed show From Rags to Slightly Newer Rags - The MET - Thursday September 23rd
- A wonderful comedy performance The Adventures of the Bearded Lady - The Ferret - Thursday 28th October
- Writer and Poet known for writing The Mrs Merton Show and The Royle Family - Henry Normal brings his show The Escape Plan to The Ferret - Sunday November 21st.
For full details of local entertainment please go to the following website link:-https://enjoyshow.co.uk/
Promoter Cook of EnjoyShow.co.uk gave a glowing report of Tony Walsh in the following concluding statement,
“If you’ve never seen performance poetry, come along - you’ll be blown away. The emotions and feelings spoken word can give you are every bit as good as an amazing music concert. Captivating is the best way I can describe the experience. And to feel all these emotions in such a wonderful, intimate venue as The Ferret will be a truly exceptional experience for everyone there. I can’t wait”.
^Alex Ashworth CCG Art Blogger