Open Mic Night
Dates: 30 Jun 2021 - 30 Jun 2021
Location: The Continental Pub - South Meadow Lane- Preston
As the music student enters the open mic stage his prospects are relying on the audience cheering and dancing to his indie based anthems. He’s in his final year of music performance at UCLAN and he’s hoping his new set of songs will impress the crowd so much that copies of the new EP scattered across the tables will be enough to get officially signed by the producer who lurks at the back of the pub.
The events that took place last year and into this year mean that events like open mic nights need to specially monitored to prevent and protect the public from COVID-19.
The Continental on South Meadow Lane, Preston is running the Open Mic Night the first Thursday in the month. The next one takes place on Thursday 1st July between the hours of 8pm - 10.50pm.
They invite performers from all walks of life including:-
- Playing guitar
- Spoken word
The evening will be hosted by James and Typhaine and will take place in the Boatyard/Events Space. Entrance is free but seating is limited so it’s a first come, first served basis.
If you’re considering attending there are a series of rules you need to abide by :-
- Please don’t attend if you have symptoms
- Use your own mic wherever possible
- Use your own jack lead for instruments wherever possible
- The in - house equipment will be sanitised between performances
- The audience will be seated 3 metres away from the artist on stage
- Due to extra cleaning that is required we may not have time for all performances
- Volume will be set at a lower level
- Cheering and dancing are currently not allowed. Clapping though is ok.
In addition, order your drinks on entry to the pub, let the waiter know you’re here for the Open Mic (drinks must be paid for by card).If you wish to have further drinks throughout the sets, just order via the app, if not possible, simply ask a member of staff to place your order. Tables will be numbered and drinks will be brought to the foyer. Please leave it a couple of minutes before you go to collect.
It has been described as the friendliest and best Open Mic Night in town so come along and sample some of the finest under-the radar talent Preston has to offer!
^Alex Ashworth CCG Art Blogger