Cinema at The Continental
Dates: 31 May 2021 - 31 May 2021
Location: The Continental Pub - Preston
When the pandemic struck last March 2020 a lot of us responded with fear. As time went on we got used to the new norm and began creating a life around Netflix and going through our collection of home DVD’s.
Nothing, however, beats the unique experience of actually going to the cinema and seeing a movie in the wide screen format. If you’ve missed such an event then a local Preston pub will cater for that need.
Taking place every fortnight - ‘Cinema at The Continental’ will bring you all the fun and magic of the movies in the dedicated space, ‘The Boatyard.’
The choice of films vary from the following:-
- Old favourites
- Hidden gems
- Cult classics
- Recent releases
They also want to hear from you of any recommendations you feel would be appropriate.
The next screening will be Tuesday 1st June 7pm -10pm and will consider the 1994 comedy drama co-written and starring Massimo Troisi and directed by English filmmaker Michael Radford. It is based on the 1985 novel Ardiente Paciencia ( Burning Patience) by Antonio Skarmeta.
Club Subs/Entry is £3.For more information please go to the following social media site:-https://www.facebook.com/CinemaattheConti/
A word of caution- in line with the governments guidelines -
- Hand sanitisers will be available
- Order drinks upon entry (let waiter know you’re here for the film)
- Further drinks can be ordered via the waiter
- Drinks will be brought to the foyer
- The Round app can also be used to order drinks
- Ordering from app during the film, drinks will be brought to the foyer
- Leave it several minutes before you go to collect
- Drinks to be paid by card
- Entry for the film is cash only - you will be allocated seats on arrival
From all at The Continental on South Meadow Lane Preston - we’re looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday 1st June to enjoy the magic of the movies together as we move forward with the pandemic.
^Alex Ashworth CCG Art Blogger