Catalyst Event: Whose culture is it anyway?!?
Dates: 10 Sep 2020 - 10 Sep 2020
If you are an artist you will have a strong awareness of working with the close community. Long term advice and guidance though is to be welcomed as a practicing artist who seeks the interests of others in their work environment.
On Friday 11th September 2020 you are invited to an online informative discussion entitled “Catalyst Event: Whose culture is it anyway?!?”
It will be presented direct from The Philip Barker Centre for Creative Learning at the University of Chester between the hours of 10am - 4.30pm.
Professor Helena Gaunt, Principal at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama and National Teaching Fellow and Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy will guide you through the day which will have appropriate breaks throughout.
Attending this event means you will have the privilege of being in the virtual company of a series of highly accomplished professionals including:-
- The culture and higher education sectors
- Producers and managers of arts organisations
- Leaders in Further and Higher Education
All of whom support, train, recruit, fund or manage professional artists who work alongside non-professional artists.
You will no doubt have a series of questions to ask the experts, these could range from the following:-
- What will artists do in the short- and medium-term future?
- Should we redefine artistic excellence in the 21st Century?
- Should we value more those artists working predominantly alongside members of our communities?
- How could we transform the current training and career pathways for artists looking to develop careers based within community practice and what might be the drivers for change?
Please note:- The event is free to attend but you will need to register. You can do so by accessing the following link:-https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/catalyst-event-whose-culture-is-it-anyway-tickets-115106693218. Please regularly view this page as you will find the Zoom invite as the event approaches.
This event provides you with the opportunity to examine how the education and arts and culture sector view, value and prepare artists to work with and alongside members of our communities.
- What will artists do in the 21st Century? Driving a radical shift to holistic training and creative practice.
- Catalyst Event: Whose culture is it anyway?!?
- Friday 11 September 2020
- 10:00am - 16:30pm
^Alex Ashworth CCG Art Blogger