CAS Consultancy- Public Space and Culture After the Virus
Dates: 01 Jul 2020 - 01 Jul 2020
In 2010 it appeared as a country life was momentarily ok.
- Jonathan Ross announced he was leaving the BBC after 13 years.
- Gordon Brown announced he was stepping down as Labour leader.
- Kate and William announced their engagement.
Fast forward to 2020 and we have seen three distinct areas that need addressing, they read as follows:-
- Coronavirus has kept us apart
- Black Lives Matter has brought us onto the streets
- Economies are tumbling alongside contested civic statuary.
There are questions that intellectual ones and those with an artistic mindset are seeking answers for. These include:-
- What will be the role of culture in public space as we collectively move forward?
- What might we do differently?
- What is integral to maintaining cultural place making agendas?
Contemporary Art Society Consultancy has worked over a ten year period to develop cultural place-making strategies that embed social and community value in public realm developments.
The following days will reveal the role of culture for the outgoing public now and in the months to come.
This evening you’re invited to ‘CAS Consultancy - Public Space and Culture After the Virus’ -6pm - 7.30pm.
A reputable panel of experts will be available via zoom to offer professional help in this uncertain time and how the concept of social space will affect us all.
It will be chaired by Shumi Bose, Curator and Writer, Coordinator of Contextual Studies in Architecture at CSM and Curator of Exhibitions, RIBA.
The panel reads as follows:-
- Cany Ash, Partner, Ash Sakula Architects
- Harbinder Birdi, Senior Partner Hawkins\Brown
- Anna Minton, writer and lecturer, University of East London
- Fabienne Nicholas, Head of Consultancy, Contemporary Art Society
- Christina Norton, Founding Director, Fluid/Soundings
- Charles Quick, In Certain Places
- Jérôme Sans, Artistic Director, Rives de Saône-River Movie (Lyon) and Grand Paris Express project.
Please note:- Limited space available. Please RSVP to email@example.com to receive your private Zoom meeting link
Join us as we invite a distinguished panel to consider the future of the urban realm and the role of culture in supporting new behaviours and ways of considering social space.
A conversation between architects, urbanists and cultural place makers:-
- CAS Consultancy - Public Space and Culture After the Virus
- 2 July 2020
- Zoom Talk
^Alex Ashworth CCG Art Blogger