Webinar: How Will the Latest Changes to the Furlough Scheme Affect Your Business?
For many people the corona virus has created an immense degree of uncertainty regarding their employment status. The government devised the job retention scheme to help ailing workplaces. But there are many questions yet to be answered….
Next Tuesday (16th June 2020) Chris Boyle ( Partner, Head of Employment & Clients) from Napthens Solicitors will be delivering an informative webinar with the subject:- ‘How Will the Latest Changes to the Furlough Scheme Affect Your Business?’
It is expected to take place between 2pm -3pm. Throughout the hour, Chris will dispel the many myths surrounding the Governments Job Retention Scheme. He will also identify the challenges post lockdown as the support of the scheme begins to be withdrawn.
Chris will give accurate and concise advice about the key decisions employees need to make now to ensure businesses are ready to operate again without the safety net of the scheme.
Tomorrow ( Friday 12th June ) the government will introduce new guidance in relation to the furlough scheme and how your business could be affected.
Chris will investigate and explain this guidance as he seeks to answer a variety of questions, including:-
- What is the scheme?
- What are the rules?
- How has the very latest Government guidance released affect the scheme?
- What are the pros and cons of the scheme?
- How has the digital & tech sector used the scheme and has it worked?
- What will be the long term impacts of the scheme be on our local and national economy?
- As the scheme continues to be withdrawn what are the key challenges facing companies?
- What steps need to be taken now to make sure your business is ready?
Once Chris has analyzed the questions in full they’ll be an opportunity for Q&A’s in relation to the Job Retention Scheme, how to get your business ready after the scheme’s support is withdrawn and how you can prepare.
- Welcome and introductions
- Insight into the Furlough Scheme, its impact on the Digital and Tech sector, dispelling the myths surrounding the scheme, identifying potential challenges that may arise as the scheme is withdrawn, followed by a Top Tips session to ensure you are taking all the right steps now, in order to be ready for the future.
- 14:40 – 14:55
- Q&A Session
- Event Close
Please note:- this is a free event but you will need to register online to get tickets. To do this simply log on to the following website address and find the link:-https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/how-will-the-latest-changes-to-the-furlough-scheme-affect-your-business-tickets-108088006136
Napthens Solicitors provides legal services to businesses and individuals. Structured into specialist departments, they have around 240 staff including 29 Partners and operate from offices across the North West.
In Lancashire, they have offices in Preston, Blackburn, Blackpool and the Fylde, and their Kendal office serves clients in Cumbria and in Merseyside they have offices in Southport and Liverpool.
This one-hour ZOOM webinar, hosted by Digital Lancashire, will see Chris investigate and explain the very latest Government guidance:-
- Webinar: How Will the Latest Changes to the Furlough Scheme Affect Your Business?
- Tuesday 16th June 2020
- 2pm to 3pm
^Alex Ashworth CCG UK Blogger